Let’s face it, the tire on your bike makes the primal decision for the rest of the system, both where the airflow is going to go and your connection with the road. When Zipp introduced our Tangente line of tires in 2007 we did with a focus on leading edge airflow properties and how they interfaced with our rims. We worked with an industry-leading manufacturer to develop the tire casing and tread compound, but did not have as heavy of a focus on rolling resistance.
We have taken everything that we learned from Firecrest rim shapes and updated our tire technology to not only maximize airflow, but also optimize rolling resistance. We are excited to introduce the all NEW Tangente line of tires: Course, Speed, SLSpeed.
- Intended use:120 TPI nylon casing with nylon puncture protection strip
- Racing and training
- Optimized for dry road conditions
- New aero tread pattern
- Sidewalls designed for supple and compliant ride feel
- Rubber formulated for grip and acceleration
- Very low rolling resistance; saves power
- Light weight