Strength and Power Training
The Sport Factory has a wide variety of sport specific services at the athletes disposal, and over 20 years experience working with athletes up to the elite level. Our coaches can work with you one on one or design a custom program based on your needs that is most productive and safe. Often a few sessions will give you the tools necessary to make the most out of the time you spend in the gym, or design an efficient program you can perform in your own home. We often design time economical strength maintenance programs for injury prevention during the season to keep the athlete "shored up" as they peak for their event.
Post-Rehab Services: When an athlete is cleared from physical therapy the assumption is to resume a normal level of activity. However, for an athlete, "normal" can be quite different than the average person. Coach Matt Russ has over two decades of experience as a Post Rehab Therapist/Athletic Trainer. He works with all types of athletes coming out of physical therapy, determined to resume their training and get back to a high level of athletic performance as quickly as possible. Matt bridges the gap between being released from PT and the athletes next event.
Strength Maintenance for Iron Distance Triathlon: Did you know the incidence of injury while training for an Ironman event is as high as 90%! Often the challenge of ultra distance events is not getting to the finish line, but making it to the start line. We have designed sport specific strength training programs for Iron distance athletes for over a decade. These athletes require a very unique and specific strength and flexibility regimen that includes the following considerations...
- We address all of these considerations and can get you on the road to a stronger more stable platform on which to launch your Ironman success.Strength training must not degrade sport specific performance of the swim, bike, run
- Strength training must correct muscle imbalance and help restore flexibility. The most common injuries for Ironman athletes include IT Band Syndrome, Patella Femoral Syndrome, Swimmers Shoulder, and lower leg injury such as achilles tedonitis, shin splints, and plantar fascitis.
- A strength training program must be concise and convenient for the already time crunched athlete. This may mean designing a work out routine that is home based with a minimum of equipment.
- The program must be tailored to the individual athlete's needs and must address their injury history. A strength and flexibility evaluation is necessary to properly design and individualized program.
- Resources must be made available for the athlete to reference on their own.
Personal Training: For almost 20 years The Sport Factory has been helping individuals achieve their fitness goals. Our personal trainers have decades of experience and are full time fitness professionals. Many of our clients have dramatically transformed their life styles and themselves, creating numerous success stories from every day people that desired to make a change. Our facility is a fully private/by appointment environment. The Sport Factory also has a staff Registered Dietician and we can perform Resting Metabolic Rate testing for optimal weight loss. Our objective is to make each session challenging, fun, safe, and progressive.